Tuesday, November 28, 2006

CD3, Back to the RE

So, they made me do a pointless beta anyway, even though I am on cycle day 3. But I didn't mind as much because I got to get an u/s and a Clomid scrip so we're officially onto the next cycle. I am not feeling hopeful. But we have another vial of nerdy science sperm at the lab, so may as well use it up, right?

Dr. Quick thinks I did well on the protocol we used last time, so we're sticking with that.

I wonder if I am triggering too soon, but it's too early to suspect that really.

My first trigger cycle... all signs pointed to the IUI date and my O date being one and the same.

This last trigger cycle... the signs were not well aligned, but some of them indicated maybe I O'd the day before my IUI, or maybe not at all. Although Dr. Quick reassured me today that the trigger pretty much guarantees ovulation.

So, back for another u/s on CD10, next Tuesday. Popping my first Clomid today.

4 comments:

mermaidgrrrl said...

Yay to clomid... not! I hope it doesn't make you as psycho as it made me :-( Good luck for this cycle sweetie. And try and lose the catholic guilt thing about "not being meant to have a baby". There are so many people out there who probably shouldn't be parents - why would the universe single you out? You will be a lovely mother I'm sure *hugs*

Melody said...

Is this your first cycle of Clomid? I'm starting in Jan and am really nervous about the way it's going to make me feel.

How soon after the trigger shot are you inseminating? I think I ovulated late this last cycle-- in spite of the trigger. I got ovulation pain and a temp rise a full 72 hours after the trigger. :(

I know it's supposed to release your egg within 24-36 hours, but I'm wondering if it actually takes the full 36 hours.

Melody from Indyness

Co said...

Melody,

This is my 2nd cycle of Clomid. So far, I haven't had any problems tolerating it.

Some folks have bad experiences with Clomid. But fortunately, I haven't. I get a headache from it, but that's it. It doesn't make me feel crazy or give me hot flashes or anything.

My RE does the insem 36 hours after I trigger.

As for your trigger question, the peanut gallery knows better than I do. But I imagine that, yeah, it can take less than 36 hours to work. I imagine it could also take longer. I don't know what to say about your 72 hour experience. I hope it wasn't the case, but it's hard to ignore what your body tells you. If that was the case, that really sucks.

Melody said...

Thanks. It's so helpful to know other people going through the same thing. When we first started TTC, the only info I could seem to find was on the Web sites of cryobanks.

Melody from Indyness