Friday, December 29, 2006

15 DPO: Waiting

So, I went in and had my beta. They weren't very busy today, so Nurse Poker Face came in and asked me how I felt. I think she thought I might be pregnant. I told her I didn't think I was pregnant.

I didn't take an HPT yesterday or today. I'm just waiting for the beta results, which I expect to be negative.

Nurse Poker Face brought up injectibles again, but I stuck to my guns about wanting to do one more Clomid cycle before I consider a different treatment. Also, she said I'll have to come in MORE OFTEN than usual when I do injectibles because they'll want to keep taking my blood, monitoring my levels and adjusting my dosage if I do Follistim. January is a lousy month for me to be doing that. I have a scary amount of work right now.

Also, I'd like to get the lowdown on multiples and injectibles before I make a final decision. Lo and I actively don't want twins, but I am sure we could manage. But more than 2? Shudder.

On the plus side, I found out that injectibles ARE covered by my insurance, but at a "preferred" copay (I assume that means a higher copay, but you know they have to have a euphemism for it) and I have to get them mail order. I don't know how much I'll have to pay out of pocket, but someone will be calling me back to let me know. But I'm so happy that they're covered! Huge relief.

Meanwhile, I wait.

3 comments:

charlotte said...

i'm waiting with you. post when they call!

Sophia said...

yah injectables does mean more blood tests and and more quickies with the dildocam

i don't remember but i think the injectables probably raise the odds to about 20% for twins

you can do mail order from several pharmacies based in New York. I have a list that my clinic gave me

Sacha said...

Goodness, can they run that beta STAT (have you asked?) because it's too long to wait. I always had the doc run our beta STAT and it cost us something like $1.83...less than an HPT. It was totally worth it.

Of course I'm hoping you won't have make such a request for any future beta because THIS is the one.

Crossing fingers.