Thursday, December 21, 2006

7 DPO (7 DPIUI)

So, the obsessive checking for early pregnancy signs begins. Even though it's pointless. You can't stop me from going nuts checking and then having my hopes dashed as usual.

I had a dream last night that my best friend, who is TTC with her husband, was pregnant and I was jealous as hell. Then I dreamed that I went to Dr. Quick's during the TWW... in my dream I always did that, even though in reality I don't... and he did a different test than he usually did and that made me hopeful I might be pregnant.

I told Lo about my dream and she and I decided it just means I'm thinking about whether or not I'm pregnant even when I sleep. Oh the joy, to have a truly 24/7 obsession!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yesterday was my mother's birthday. She would have been 57 years old. Happy birthday, Mommy.

Mommy_and_me

That is me probably shortly after my birth. Yes, I had lots of black hair at birth. I looked like Bert from Sesame Street after I was born because it was kind of sticking up, too.

And yes, my mom is feeding me formula in that pic. That was in the days when most doctors preached that formula was better than breastmilk. No one may pick on my poor dead mother for following the conventional wisdom of her day, or else!

I love you, Mommy. Happy birthday.

11 comments:

ms.bri said...

Happy birthday to your December birthday mom.

I also had a lot of sticky-up black hair. And I was also formula fed. In my case, I don't think it was entirely because of convention or advice. My mother told me that as far as she was concerned, she carried the damn baby for 9 months and my father could damn well feed it. Yeah. She wasn't big on pregnancy.

Married Lesbian Mom said...

Happy Birthday Co's Mom! I hope she is dancing around in heaven. She would be so proud of you. Have a wonderful holiday. And I wish you a lot of baby dust.

FosterMommy said...

That's such a cute picture. I'm loving the 70s colors in the background.

J said...

I'm so so so hoping for you guys. A + for you is my biggest Christmas/Hanukkah wish, even bigger than a Nintendo Wii.

whatthef*ck said...

happy birthday to your mama. good luck getting knocked up.

Gretch said...

That's a great picture! Happy Birthday to your mom :)

And, fingers WAY crossed for you as test date nears next week. I'm with J. - what a great Christmas/Hanahhuk gift that would be!

Melody said...

6 dpo (I love cycling with someone like this!), and I know what you mean. I'm obsessed with what might or might not be going on south of my belly button. Dreaming about it is the worst.

Co said...

Thanks for all your nice comments about the pic and wishes for a TTC success story.

Ms. Bri, at some point you need to post a baby pic of yours with sticky-up black hair.

J., that is so sweet of you! Thanks. I hope your holiday wish comes true.

Melody, yeah it's fun to cycle with someone else when you're TTCing. I hope this is the last time for both of us!

Co said...

Oh, and J., I hope you get a Wii, too!

Calliope said...

what a sweet photo of the two of you!

Totally formula fed as well...thems where the times.

thinking of you & your (now) 8dpo self.

SandraMort said...

She's beautiful.