Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Dip?

So, yesterday, 11 DPO, my chart showed a big temp dip. It went back up high today.

Lo was all hopeful it was an implantation dip. I was mildly hopeful, but not very. Still, I was excited to see some variation anyway.

According to Fertility Friend's statistical study on such dips, they counted any significant dip that lasted only one day between 5 and 12 DPO as an implantation dip. They also say that when it appears on pregnancy charts, it's usually around 7-8 DPO. And of course, as always, they caution you that it doesn't mean you're pg.

So, was it or wasn't it? It WAS a day late for an implantation dip, although implantation doesn't necessarily have to happen right on cue by 10 DPO. I didn't have any spotting. I'm taking progesterone which affects my temps. So, maybe it was just a weird anomaly. Maybe my temps are lower in the maelstrom of my brother's house, where we stayed yesterday. Maybe Santa brought me a present because I'd been pining for one measly early pregnancy sign all week, and I've been a very good girl this year.

Anyway, only time will tell. But it's fun to see something different on the old chart for a change.

2 comments:

Gretch said...

ooh, a Christmas DIP - that looks promising! fingers WAY crossed for you!

fostermama said...

ooo, ooo, ooo, exciting!
*fingers crossed*
Maybe by the time we see you, you'll be out of this hellish phase!