Friday, January 19, 2007

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Positive OPK this afternoon. I am breathing a huge sigh of relief.

It's not that I expect this to work. It's just so much nicer when you feel like you at least have a shot. I was worrying a lot that I would have delayed ovulation or an anovulatory cycle and the sperm would go to waste. Yes, I know the whole point of this month was not to worry. And I'm not worried about it working. I just want it to be fun, and if we knew for sure that our timing sucked, it wouldn't be.

I'll let Lo, the inseminatrix, fill you in on the other stuff that happens today and tomorrow. Oh, and yes, I have decided that her title has to have a -trix on the end.

When I executed my grandmother's estate and finished the administration of my father's estate (who died without a will) because my GM has never finished it, I was officially dubbed an executrix and a substituted administratrix by my home state. I kid you not. It was spelled out like that on official legal documents and everything. I felt it was awfully sexist that I couldn't just be considered an executor and substituted administrator because I was female. But it also kind of made my bureaucratic nightmare sound a wee bit more fun and sexy than it actually was.

7 comments:

Tamsin said...

Wishing you happy, loving insems!

FosterMommy said...

Whee ha!
Let the good times roll! :)

ms.bri said...

I am also fond of -trix suffixes. At work, I am known as the laminatrix because I am somehow in charge of that machine and I thought that if I have to wrestle huge rolls of plastic, I should at least get a good title.

Calliope said...

woo hoo for the positive opk!

hope Lo has lots of trix up her sleeve. ;-)

Gretch said...

Yay! Wishing you and lo very happy and successful at-home insems!

charlotte said...

How are you guys? We need an update. When is test day, or are you going to wait for your period? It feels like you should be well into week two, but it has been like 2 days.

charlotte said...

oops posted that last comment on the wrong post. why won't it let me erase it? crazy ass blogger.