Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sperm Emails

So, our shipment of sperm will be arriving on Monday, MLK Day. I had plans for that afternoon with two close friends, JW and LM, at LM's apartment. So, I sent this email asking if we could change those plans.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear JW and LM:

Would it be possible to change the location of [our get together] to my place?

I hate to ask, but we are expecting a shipment of... um... sperm that day and I really have no idea when it will arrive. Believe it or not, FedEx DOES deliver on MLK Day. The shipment doesn't affect Mah Jongg, which is later.

Sorry to ask... But, we can't just let them leave [almost $1,000] worth of frozen sperm outside our door. We have enough trouble keeping the neighbors from stealing our NY Times.

-Co
who may have the most interesting excuse ever for asking to change plans


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

JW's reply:

Okay, but only if you have enough for everybody.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If nothing else, the reliance on frozen sperm keeps life interesting.

Oh, and yes, Lo and I are learning to play Mah Jongg, cuz we're that old.

9 comments:

Sophia said...

i wanna learn!

how's Steve btw?

Co said...

Steve's doing well. Anyone know where Steve is going next?

I'll have to post pics of Steve's Brooklyn and Queens adventures soon.

J said...

OMG I LOVE Mah Jongg.
I've only played once, but loved it.

game on, next time we see you:)

FosterMommy said...

That's up there in the Best Of emails. especially her response.

When's The Big Day, anyway? If, you know, you want to share that info. :)

I'm psyched you guys are giving this a try. It'll be fun, and you need some fun in this whole process.

Gretch said...

I LOVE mah jongg! I used to play it every lunch hour with my coworkers (in ALABAMA of all places). And they were fiercely competetive! I got to be pretty good as we play nearly every day for several months, but I've gotten a little rusty, now, some 10 years later. I would love to be able to pick it up again...

charlotte said...

Haha. Made me laugh.

Melody said...

Cool that the cryobank will deliver to your door! Before we switched to the local cryobank when we were ordering from the really pricey one in Virginia, they would only ship to our doctor's office.

Calliope said...

oooh Mah Jongg doesn't sound old - it sounds swank & sophisticated. You'll have to give us internets a lesson.

& safe travels to the swimmers!

Amanda said...

Mah Jongg is AWESOME! At least the online MSN version is. :)

Good luck!!!!