AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Getting-Your-Crap-Done Meme

Cali tagged us for this meme some time ago, but I am only getting my sorry ass to do it.

Here are the rules:

Step 1. Reference back to the blog that sent you.
Step 2. Make a list of 5 things that you have to get done this week, no matter how small.
Step 3. Get 2 other people off their asses to get their shit in order.

So I guess I can't list "doing this meme" as one of my things. Heh.

Here is my list:
1. Make some progress, any progress on the giant Home Study Autobiography that intimidates me, but stands in the way of my legal rights to my son.
2. Bring lots of Stuff to school for Jo's daycare (extra Pack n' Play, diapers, wipes...).
3. Drag out the test prep materials from my file cabinet since my students' state test is in about a month. Blech.
4. Decide whether we can go to California in May. Commentary on cross-country travel with a 5 month old?
5. Go the grocery store, because Co can't last too long without her seltzer.

I tag: One of His Moms and Cutest Little Babymakers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

my two cents on the outrageously huge and overwhelming home study packet (for what it's worth) is that it's infuriating that we have to go through this process at all for our families to be recognized. and the bar is probably not that high. so the autobiography does not need to be articulate, or witty, or comprehensive. it's gotta answer the questions informatively and truthfully enough. it's gotta take no more than one evening. and it's gotta go in. though the rights are clearly worth the time, the documentation is not. yeah, and i don't want to start it either. good luck!

fostermama said...

sn's got a good point on the homestudy.

Travel with a 5 month old. We took Niblet out to see my sister in CO (2 flights each way) when she was 8ish months old. Which means 5ish "adjusted." It was totally fine.

We knew she would be a good flyer because she was totally happy as long as she was sitting in one of our laps. I don't know how Jo will be about that at that age. If he's crawling already, he might be annoyed at having to hold still that long.

Niblet did have a bottle on the ascent and descent, to help with the ear popping. Built-in suckables will make it even easier for you guys. The thing she did that we didn't expect? She *pooped* on all 4 descents. Screamed her head off for a few minutes, pooped, and then was fine. *laugh*

Sandra Mort said...

I don't remember if you mentioned this or not, but I highly recommend getting JO his own seat. Flying as a lap baby is not safe when going through turbulence.

On an unrelated note, I saw this dachsund and thought of you guys:
http://www.amazon.com/Swissco-Animal-Ring-Holders-Piece/dp/B0010XKW2M/ref=xs_gb_20_right-3_1.1_18791?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=AKZ54EXMVZHXW&pf_rd_p=305207201&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JBYT1ERC39NNYF6E5WF