I got this meme from BB and Sarah and from Calliope. I love it that the term "meme" comes from genetics (as I understand it, it's a segment of DNA that replicates itself). Cool metaphor.
Four non-teaching jobs I've had:
1. Worked in the back offices at a bank.
2. Cashier at an "au bon pain."
3. Temporary admin assistant for the Security (no, not securities) dept. at a major stock company, offices were at 2 World Trade Centre (don't worry it was in 1998).
4. Curatorial assistant at a museum devoted to broadcasting (I helped with the soap opera exhibit. I've seen episodes of One Life to Live from before I was born).
Four Authors, Books, or Series I read over and over:
1. Cheaper by the Dozen & Belles on Their Toes by the Gilbreths (Frank B. Gilbreth Jr. & Ernestine Gilbreth Carey)
2. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
3. Harry Potter
4. The Westing Game (I teach it. I love it, though, that's why I teach it)
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Meet Me In St. Louis
2. Georgy Girl
3. In a Child's Name (LIfetime, 4 hrs, my sister affectionately calls it "the glowing blood movie")
4. The Wizard of Oz
Four TV shows I love(d):
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. Degrassi...Junior High, HIgh, Next Generation
3. You Can't Do That on Television
4. Law & Order (I also like Special Victims Unit, but *not* Criminal Intent or Trial by Jury!! I will be trying out "Conviction" tomorrow night.)
Four places I've lived:
1. Chicago, Illinois
2. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3. Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
4. Brookline, MA
Four places to vacation:
1. Jersey Shore
2. Cape Cod
3. Montreal & Laurentides
4. Walt Disney World (I really do love Disney World. It is against everything that is good and right that I love it, but I can't help myself).
Four sites I visit/use daily:
1. Blogger blogs
4. myspace to spy on the kids (kidding!!!!)
Four people I'd like to meet in person, based on their blogs:
(I found this a bit hard)
All of you!!
Four foods I yearn for:
1. Chocolate. In pretty much any form, except "white," which lacks, oh I don't know, cocoa.
2. Co's chicken & dumplings. Mmmmmm.
3. Dill pickle chips & all-dressed chips (Canada has better flavors of potato chips than the States. I made a list once.)
4. Co's homemade brownies (I know, I know, falls under chocolate)
Four inventions I'm grateful for:
1. The Internet
3. As Calliope said....anything that helps me get sperm, plan sperm, etc.
4. Anything by Macintosh. ;-)
Four musical choices for my personal soundtrack:
1. Holly Near
2. Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals (if you didn't yet know I was a cheeseball, here is your proof...)
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer soundtracks including the musical episode (yes, we own these)
Four nouns that describe me: (I've enlisted Co's help)
2. Jew (yet my passport says American!)
4. 12-year-old (in a 31 year old's body)
Four Bloggers I'm Tagging: