AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, July 27, 2007

California in Depth

I started going to CA for my training, in a town called S@n Anselmo. I met Co at the airport when she flew out, and from there we headed into the city (S@n Fr@n). We walked around the C@stro a little, then headed to P@lo Alto where my cousins (my dad's first cousin P. and her husband M.) live. Their teenage daughters (12 and 14) were fighting over a hair straightener, and the house looks like a B@th and Body W*rks explosion. Ah, the joys of adolescence.

We spent a day in the city, where we visited tourist attractions extraordinaire: Fisherm@n's Wh@rf, the C@nnery, Ghir@rdelli Square (YUM). We both loved seeing the water, and I got a huge kick out of the sea lions. I even took video.

Then we drove south to my first cousin C. (I only have one) near S@nta Cruz. She has two kids, 5 and 20 months, and I last saw them just over a year ago. Oh, the changes! C. and her husband R. have a small RV, which was pretty cool to see. We drove it over to a park with amazing redwoods. There is one tree with a hole inside that you can climb into...apparently people used to rent it as a honeymoon suite!! We also went to the beach, and had the lollaberries (alollaberries? I am really wondering about this).

I started reading HP 7 on the plane home, and I'm savoring it, though Co may lay down the law soon so she can get her turn. I am looking forward to the conversations with you-all! But am obviously keeping my head in the sand for now.

More updates soon: today's midwife appointment, and registry questions.

No comments: