AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, August 06, 2007

Photo Monday: Our Art

I'm a little late on this one, but hopefully you'll find our art worth the wait. ;-)

The first piece is a metal sculpture that hangs on the wall. It was a wedding gift from a cousin, who bought it at a fair he attends out in Oregon (where he lives) every year. Co calls it "Two Women Holding Hands...They Must Be Lesbians."

Frivolous Art

Second is our ketubah (a Jewish marriage contract). Though we are not married legally, we are married Jewishly. The ocean theme in the ketubah art was perfect for us, and I *love* that there's a rainbow incorporated in a non-cheesy fashion. The gold lettering around the circle says (in Hebrew) "Ani dodi v'dodi li" which means "I am my beloved and my beloved is mine" (from Song of Songs).

Ketubah


In other news: we met up with some NYC bloggers this weekend. It was great fun!

And I felt Flipper kick once. Hoping for more soon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice art ladies! But I don't think they could be lesbians - they must be sisters because they have the same hair ;-)
And yay for the Flipper-kick.

Eva said...

Wow. You felt flipper kick! That's awesome.

The Studious One said...

I love your ketubah! Ours says the same "I am my beloved's..." http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1167/1033006701_a9e2f43dc3.jpg

Briar said...

I love a ketubah.