AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, May 11, 2007

I Am!

I've been tagged recently for two memes (so has Co). Here's my stab at the first, a list of "I Am" statements (or a poem if you will):

I am curious.
I am zaftig.*
I am stubborn.
I am what I am.
I am a teacher.
I am a wife, a daughter, and soon, a mother.
I am a dreamer.
I am an animal.

----------------------
I wrote this off the top of my head, on purpose. So, there it is.

I'm supposed to tag seven people. Up to now, I haven't done any tagging, because I thought the people who didn't get tagged would feel bad. (Yes, I am that insecure myself.) However, I think it might be fun, so I will use my blogroll to do some democratic tagging. So...I tag E. and A., Maeby, and Marci.


*Yiddish has a word for "fat" that has positive connotations. That's my language, people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zaftig? How wonderful!

Great poem too - the many facets of Lo!

Anonymous said...

Indeed. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Hiya "other Lo"! :-)

Firstly: congratulations on the pregnancy! Cute baby pictures in the making! :-)

I just love Jiddish. The way it mixes German in. Often Jiddish words seem to exactly convey the meaning of the word by the sound of the word. (If that makes any sense at all...)

Magpie said...

I'm not Jewish, but I just used "feinschmecker" in my I AM meme, and I corrected someone else's spelling of Ongepotchket. The joys of growing up in the NYC area, with a copy of the Joys of Yiddish to hand. :)